'I toss out a few more quick questions. Director you’d like to work with? "This Steve McQueen guy seems really interesting" Food guilty-pleasures? "All of them. I’m a foodie. I love it ALL" Binge-watched shows? “Downton Abbey, Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story, Homeland, Nurse Jackie. Yeah. I watch them all.” Favorite Holiday? "I have a six-year-old little girl and I try to keep as much magic in her life for as long as possible before the world intervenes. Christmas just allows so much of that."'— Gina Torres for Bello Mag
INFJ: Visions of the future
ESTP: Superhuman strength
ESFP: Ability to freeze time
INFP: Literary manipulation
ESTJ: Power negation
ESFJ: Healing powers
ISFJ: Visions of the past
ENTP: Dimensional travel
ISTJ: Photographic memory
ENFP: Reality warping
ISFP: Shape shifting
ENTJ: Mind control
ENFJ: Empathic powers
Marvel Fancast: Arden Cho as Kate Bishop
I have no powers and not nearly enough training, but I’m doing this anyways. Being a super hero is amazing. Everyone should try it
- Kate Bishop has kissed girls at her archery summer camps and boys at her band summer camps.
- The thing about the rape is that for her, immediately after, girls feel safer. They feel safer when Kate is in their presence platonically or when Kate is thinking about kissing them or when Kate is thinking about doing more. This is the only time that Kate “struggles” with her sexuality, because what does this mean? Does it mean she’s a lesbian? Does it mean that she was “just going through a phase?” Does it mean that she is letting some jackass in the park dictate her life?
But none of those things are true. Therapy, time, and the dorky (male) sales clerk who sold her the favorite of her cellos and has a very nice tongue piercing help Kate come to realize that much.
- In 2014, girls do feel a bit safer. It’s easier to reach out and touch America’s face (it was very easy to reach out and touch Cassie’s face). But she wants to reach out and touch Eli’s face. And Tommy’s. And Clint’s. And for a while that sexy alien who turned out to be a jackass who SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS.
- Basically poly bisexual Kate Bishop’s perfect happily ever after would involve multiple partners and multiple relationships. This goal is somewhat complicated by Kate’s continual desire to fall in love with people who really, really value monogamy (except of course when they are cheating on their girlfriends.)
- No really, Kate has factually come to the fantasy of Clint zipping up her dress before a date with America.
- The first time Kate has sex with David, it basically begins as a mutual SIGH session that wow, Teddy is really amazingly hot and could literally be any gender. The sex that follows is part mutual enjoyment of the bodies in front of them and part mutual masturbation over the non-existant Skrull life partner that neither of them have.
- The first time Kate has sex with America, she is really, really sad about the need to cut her nails. It’s been a while since she’s been with someone with a vagina so they’ve grown out a bit and they do look nice. America mocks this (as she should) and “more important than purple fingernail polish” is code for YEARS.
- The first time Kate has sex with Clint, he mutters something that contains “sorry” after. He is not allowed to touch her for 14 months after that.
- The first time Kate has good sex with Clint, it is after a mission that has gone wrong and she has almost died. Clint is a sobby, fearful mess and Kate has has more stitches than one person should. Clint also follows up with “sorry” but it’s immediately followed by “I was such an asshole,” so it’s alright.
- Kate has a lot of sex that is casual, but her relationships are less common. When relationships happen, they tend to be with people who have already wormed their way in via partnerships or teams. Kate doesn’t know if this is who she would have been all along or if the jackass in the park had something to do with it, and she doesn’t care. It works for her, and she’s happy.
I am home from the big city and let me tell you this country mouse is suddenly reminded how provincial this town is and I LOVE it
okay so if harry potter was born in 1980, and went to hogwarts in like 91, that means he was in his sixth year in 1996
do you think he knew about the spice girls? i mean.. i know he had shit going on with horcruxes that year but wannabe isn’t something that happens without you taking note of it
Originally popularized among the tinkers and workmen types, who needed a form of communication useful in a well-lit, visible, but very noisy dwarven smithy. Most likely starting with the basic safety and emergency signs, but evolved into something kind of useful enough that gnomes eventually pick it up, although it’s not really feasible for some of the really over-technical work they do.
But its goblins - who ultimately borrowed it from the gnomes - who really get it going. Lately they’re taught it much younger these days, especially since goblins are naturally good at languages. Not just because of its usefulness in tinkering and industry but it also functions as a second common language for races who either don’t know or are unable to speak Common/Orcish because it pays to keep your customer base as wide as possible. And its kept just recognizable enough that its not really feasible as a spying tactic (at least not for long).
Trolls have a little more difficulty with the signs needing more precise numbers of fingers but they manage well enough, and in more than a few places where the Alliance and Horde throatgripping is a bit less intense sometimes a way for neighbors to talk in peace without being heard.